


today would have been my dad's 61st birthday, if he were still alive. i'd like to think that he would've spent it on his boat, probably fishing and relaxing. the last birthday we celebrated together was his 56th, and he had a big lobster cooker in his backyard. there was plenty of PBR to go round and i actually ate 2.5 lobsters. yes, 2.5! my dad and i split the last one. this was such a great birthday for many reasons -- the whole family was together. my aunt judy and uncle eddy were visiting from NJ. my sister had just given birth to my nephew a month before, so this was baby joseph's first "party." it was a very memorable day. and i remember it with a smile.
i only wish he were still here, so that i could call him up and wish him a happy birthday. thinking of you dad and missing you so much!!

3 comments:
I'm so sorry girl!!
I know how you feel! Mom's birthday was last Wednesday.
I too lost my Dad in 2005. Life has not been the same (and it is me that is 61!). The good news is I had a great Dad and he taught me so many life lessons. Everyday I strive to be half the woman he was a man. I still want to make him proud. So you see, as long as I live my Dad lives in me. Now I smile at the thought of him and hope I can leave as much to those I love.
God Bless you.
Merry
Post a Comment